Orange Farm pupil suspended

The 13-year-old grade three pupil is accused of sexually assaulting younger girls.

A 13-year-old boy has been suspended from his Orange Farm school over allegations of sexual assault. Picture: EWN.

JOHANNESBURG - A 13-year-old boy accused of sexually assaulting younger girls at an Orange Farm primary school has been suspended, the Gauteng Department of Education (GDE) confirmed on Tuesday.

The boy, who is still in grade three, allegedly assaulted the girls in full view of other pupils.

The alleged victims are aged between eight and nine.

GDE officials visited the boy's home yesterday to inform him and his guardians of his suspension.

Authorities said the boy had not returned to the school since reports emerged and was therefore unable to undergo a disciplinary process.

GDE spokesperson Phumla Sekhonyane says, "He [the pupil] will appear before a disciplinary committee on 3 June.

"We continue to provide counselling and trauma debriefing to the learners that were exposed to these acts."

Sekhonyane previously stated the department was investigating why the teenager was still in grade three.