'More involved in Lolly Jackson's murder'

Costa Jackson says he doesn't believe only one man was involved in his brother's death.

FILE: Lolly Jackson was shot dead in 2010, allegedly by George Louca. Picture: EWN.

JOHANNESBURG - Lolly Jackson's brother Costa says he believes there was more than one person involved in the murder of the strip club owner.

The Teazers boss was shot dead at a house rented by George Louca in Edleen, Kempton Park, in 2010.

Louca was extradited to South Africa from Cyprus earlier this month and is facing charges of murder, money laundering and theft.

Costa says it's about time there was an arrest in connection with his brother's murder, but he doesn't believe there was only one man involved in the killing.

"This is definitely something much bigger. I don't know names, but hopefully the truth will come out. It's been four years and we want closure now."

Costa was at the Kempton Park Magistrates Court yesterday for Louca's second appearance along with Sean Newman who worked with Jackson.

The National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) says there's no plea bargain on the table at this stage, but there are reports that Louca wants to strike a deal in return for a lighter sentence.

The NPA's Nathi Mncube says its up to Louca to approach them for a possible plea bargain.

"It is the accused who must approach the NPA and offer some kind of information and in return, he could either turn state witness or plead to a lesser charge."

It's believed Louca may have information about several attacks linked to South Africa's underworld.

Louca will remain in custody until 7 March to allow him more time to consult with his legal team.

Although he has only been back in the country for over a week, the defence says his safety is a concern and therefore his location will remain secret.

Louca allegedly confessed to killing Jackson during a phone call to the then Head of the Gauteng crime intelligence unit, Joey Mabasa, before fleeing the country for Cyprus.

But Louca claims he was the only witness to Jackson's death and tried to report the murder, not confess to the crime.

In August, a Cyprus court issued an order to extradite Louca, but he then hired a new lawyer to appeal the matter.

A month later, he was granted an interdict by the Supreme Court of Cyprus, halting his extradition to South Africa on the basis that he could be killed if forced to come back.