The Africa Report -13 February
EWN's Africa Correspondent Jean-Jacques Cornish reports on the day's top African News.
CAR president condemns violence
Central African Republic (CAR) President Catherine Samba-Panza has once again spoken out against violence in the country, saying that she will "go to war" with Christian militia if necessary.
Christian anti-Balaka forces, who initially came together to protect themselves from Muslim rebels, have lost their sense of direction, the president said.
The militia claimed they were taking revenge for atrocities inflicted by Muslims last year.
Thousands of Muslims have left CAR to seek safety in neighbouring countries like Cameroon and Chad, leaving their businesses behind.
Many Muslims who have fled were traders or involved in the food business.
Their absence has sparked a collapse in food distribution and worsened the humanitarian crisis in the region.
The United Nations World Food Programme has started a month-long airlift of food into CAR from Cameroon, with the first flight arriving on Wednesday.
Nigerian Cabinet reshuffle
In his first Cabinet reshuffle, Nigeria's President Goodluck Jonathan has fired nine ministers and three junior ministers.
The changes come less than two weeks after seven ruling party governors and a former presidential candidate split from the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
A presidential spokesperson said the ministers of foreign affairs, education, science and technology, housing and urban development, national planning, and environment were dismissed.
Abuja-based Policy and Legal Advocacy Centre political analyst Clement Nwankwo said, "Since these positions are not of huge policy significance, it appears to be more of a political play".
The group has been in talks with Jonathan.
According to sources, the group's demands are unrealistic and by early Wednesday when the meeting dissolved, there had been no resolution.
One of the key demands of the group is that Jonathan announces that he will not run for president in 2015.
While he has not formally announced his intention to run for a second term, it is widely expected Jonathan will contest the polls.