#AgangDA: Twitter responds
Some of the more amusing responses from the twittersphere to Zille's announcement.
JOHANNESBURG - Politics in South Africa is never boring. Couple that with 'witty twitter' and you have a winning combination.
When Helen Zille announced this morning that Mamphela Ramphele would be the DA's presidential candidate, the amusing tweets predictably exploded.
Some of our favourites are below - feel free to add any goodies we missed in the comments section.
One more old lady and the DA could call themselves the Golden Girls. #CrossingFingers
- Simmi Areff (@simmiareff) January 28, 2014
#AgangDA: the bland leading the blonde.
- Tom Eaton (@TomEatonSA) January 28, 2014
- Njabulo (@iNJBL) January 28, 2014
- Msizi Cedric Gwala (@Msizi_G) January 28, 2014
The new DA-Agang alliance better call themselves Da Gang. #AgangDA
- Buddha Mzothando (@Cya_MbEeZy) January 28, 2014
I hear Oxford Dictionary has replaced the verb 'betrayed' with 'Rampheled' #AgangDA
- Thandeka Hadebe (@Thandz_H1) January 28, 2014
RIP Agang. 2013-2014. Cause of death: sudden case of whiteness.
- Chester Missing (@chestermissing) January 28, 2014
If Helen can make nice with Julius next then we can have the DA EFFing GANG.
- Angel Campey (@YesReallyAngel) January 28, 2014
Will the #AgangDA gravy train be called the Blue Train?
- Eric West™ (@EricJWest) January 28, 2014
#whitetwitter 'astonishing, game-changing, big move'.
- Melanie Bala (@MelBala) January 28, 2014