Another tremor shakes Gauteng
This is the second tremor to shake parts of the province in recent weeks.
JOHANNESBURG - Another tremor was felt in parts of Gauteng last night, the second in recent weeks.
Reports indicate that the tremor was also felt as far as Modimolle in Limpopo.
The Council for Geoscience's Michelle Grobbelaar said the tremor is being investigated.
"We are downloading data and starting to analyse it so we can get a location and a magnitude."
On 18 November, a magnitude four tremor shook large parts of Johannesburg.
It is unclear what caused the tremor which was felt in areas including Emmarentia, Northcliff, Kempton Park, Westgate and parts of Soweto.
Social networks were flooded with a few shocking accounts and also some humourous explanations for last night's tremor:
- Yolanda Arendse (@YollieA) December 2, 2013
This #tremor was definitely worse than the previous one.... A sign of things to come? Ominous
- Tasha Wainstein (@Tash1210) December 2, 2013
Jus felt another #tremor in Jhb. This is becoming scary..
- Josephine Chigiji (@Zuvarashe1) December 2, 2013
- charl odendal (@charlsiebun) December 3, 2013
- Anton Meijer (@antonnies) December 2, 2013
- Annie ✈ ♥ ✈ (@26DegreesSouth) December 2, 2013