Krejcir denies fresh allegations

The Czech businessman is accused of ordering six hits since arriving in South Africa.

Czech businessman Radovan Krejcir. Picture: Christa van der Walt/EWN.

JOHANNESBURG - Czech fugitive Radovan Krejcir has denied reports that he has ordered six overseas hits since arriving in South Africa six years ago.

The_ Sunday Times_ yesterday reported that a hit man, who claims he was hired by Krejcir, has signed a statement containing these allegations which is in the possession of the Hawks.

The list of targets includes people in Germany, the Czech Republic and the Seychelles.

The gunman apparently claims he was hired to kill an old enemy of Krejcir's in Prague, but his plans were thwarted by US President Barack Obama's visit to the city.

But Krejcir says he doesn't know who the hitman is and believes private investigator Paul O'Sullivan is behind the claims.

"Who are these people? Have any of them been hurt or killed and I would also like to know who the hitman is. I wouldn't be surprised if O'Sullivan arranged the affidavit and paid for it."

O'Sullivan, meanwhile, says he has never resorted to fabrication and would never do so.

He won't comment on the matter as he says he doesn't publicly debate with gangsters or lawyers who benefit from crime.

ASSETS SEIZED

Meanwhile, the South African Revenue Service (Sars) on Friday seized Krejcir's home and cars.

His wife's assets as well as property belonging to numerous companies linked to him were also seized.

The businessman and his wife were ordered to hand over all books and records of companies they are directors or members of.

Krejcir's Lamborghini and Porsche were also attached.

The order allows the curator to sell all of the assets to settle a tax debt owed to Sars.

Krejcir will have an opportunity next month to argue why this provisional order should not be made a full order.

In addition, Krejcir's business manager Ivan Savov was arrested on Thursday and charged with fraud involving R10 million.

Savov is due to appear in court today.

He is the manager and owner of some of those companies named in Sars's court papers as respondents.

Sars suspects that Krejcir is using his Cross Point business, which trades as the Money Point pawn shop in Bedfordview, as a front to evade tax.

STRING OF MURDERS

Krejcir has denied involvement in a string of recent underworld killings.

On Tuesday, an explosion took place at Krejcir's Money Point Shop.

Smoke rises from Radovan Krejcir's Moneypoint shop in Bedfordview shortly after an explosion on 12 November 2013. Picture: @mickey_gp/Twitter

Two people died and five others were injured in the blast.

Krejcir's business associate and Money Point director South African Ronny Bvuma (Ronny Smith) and Czech fugitive Jan 'John' Charvat were killed in the explosion.

In an exclusive interview with Eyewitness News last week, Krejcir broke his silence about the blast.

He said he is working with police and has even offered a reward for information that could help find those responsible for what he calls "attacks on his life".

Krejcir said it is unlikely he will turn state witness in any of the cases.

He believes he is under attack, but doesn't know who is targeting him or whether the crimes are linked.

Earlier this year, Krejcir survived a bizarre attempt on his life when remote-controlled shotguns opened fire on him from behind a number plate of a parked car outside the same shop.

He described the experience as being like something out of a James Bond film.

He is fighting extradition attempt s to the Czech Republic where he has been charged in absentia.

Krejcir wants refugee status in South Africa.

To read Krejcir's full statement, click here.