CT boat garage catches fire

Authorities suspect the fire may have been caused by an electrical fault.

The blaze broke out at the garage on 24 October 2013. Picture: Graeme Raubenheimer/EWN.

CAPE TOWN - The owner of a boat that was badly damaged in a fire near the V&A Waterfront has described the incident as a disaster.

He says the boat is not insured.

It is understood four boats were affected by this afternoon's blaze in a garage near the Oceana Power Boat Club.

Authorities suspect the fire may have been caused by an electrical fault.

Boat owner Evan Darcy-Jones says, "There are three boats that are completely destroyed. My boat cost around R1,5 million. I've got more boats in the garage and I hope they do not get burnt down because I'd be completely bankrupt."