Fire under investigation underway
The fire broke out in Bonteheuwel WC the early hours of the morning.
CAPE TOWN - An investigation into a shack fire which killed two children and a mother in Bonteheuwel in Cape Town was underway, officials said on Sunday.
The fire broke out in the early hours of the morning.
Officials said the three victims were asleep at the time of the blaze.
They said the three are believed to have died from thermal injuries and carbon monoxide poisoning.
The Disaster Risk Management's Wilfred Solomons-Johannes said "the police have opened an inquest docket to investigate the incident."
The city's disaster response teams are on the scene to assist with the humanitarian relief, trauma counselling and funeral arrangements.