Pule report sent to Presidency

Thuli Madonsela will consider comments from the Presidency before finalising her report.

Former Communications Minister Dina Pule. Picture: GCIS

JOHANNESBURG - The preliminary report into allegations of corruption and nepotism against former communications minister Dina Pule has been handed to the Presidency for review, Public Protector Thuli Madonsela's office said on Thursday.

Pule is accused of allowing her boyfriend, businessman Phosane Mngqibisa, to improperly benefit from last year's ICT Indaba in Cape Town.

The event was organised by the Department of Communication and it was alleged Mngqibisa received a R6 million cut.

The investigation is now drawing to a close.

Madonsela will await feedback from the Presidency.

Her office should have feedback in less than two weeks.

The report was supposed to be released six months ago, but was delayed twice due to a witness that cancelled on the last minute and capacity constraints.

Madonsela's spokesperson Kgalalelo Masibi says the protector will consider comments from the Presidency before finalising the report.

Parliament's ethics committee has already found Pule guilty of breaching Parliament's code of conduct.

Pule has also been removed from Cabinet.