Mandla still waiting for court papers
Mandla Mandela is yet to receive documents relating to the bitter family feud over graves.
JOHANNESBURG - Mandla Mandela's lawyer Gary Jansen on Monday said they are still waiting for documents to support an urgent application launched by members of the Mandela family.
The court case was over the graves of former president Nelson Mandela's three children.
Mandla had the graves moved from Qunu to Mvezo in 2011, without consulting the family.
Last week, the court ruled against Mandla and the remains were moved back to Qunu.
The unsigned application caused confusion.
This after documents claimed Mandela was in a vegetative state and doctors advised his family to switch off his life support machines.
But this was denied by the Presidency and contradicted by both Mandela's wife Graça Machel and his friend Denis Goldberg.
Jansen says they will continue to push for the Eastern Cape High Court in Mthatha to overturn the ruling, even if the graves are left where they are.
Jansen said both the court and Mandla are waiting for the documents, despite promises by the applicants.
Mandla believes the case against him was based on a lie.
He says his family tricked the court by exaggerating Madiba's medical condition.
The 94-year-old former statesman was admitted to the Mediclinic Heart Hospital in Pretoria on 8 June for a recurring lung infection.
According to a statement released by the Presidency last week, Madiba remained in a critical but stable condition in hospital.