Mandla fights deadline order
Lawyers have asked the court to rescind the order which demands the bodies to be returned.
MTHATHA - Chief Mandla Mandela's lawyer says there should never have been a court order granted against his client.
Sixteen members of the Mandela family were granted a draft order against Madiba's grandson Mandla last week.
They want the remains of three of Nelson Mandela's children to be reburied in Qunu after Mandla had moved them to his homestead in Mvezo.
According to the order, Mandla had until today to remove the remains from Mvezo.
Earlier, the court agreed to amend that order by changing the deadline to 3pm on Wednesday.
However, Mandla's advocate Phillip Zilwa said this was a frivolous case and the order should never have been granted in the first place. He asked the judge to rescind that order.
Zilwa told the court papers were not properly served on his client last week.
He said Mandla did not even have an opportunity to defend himself against the allegations that were levelled against by members of his own family.
Mandela's daughter Makaziwe, Ndileka and grandson Ndaba attended the court hearing.
Photographers began snapping away as the trio walked into courtroom A.
The case continues.
Meanwhile, former president Nelson Mandela remains hospitalised at the Mediclinic Heart Hospital in Pretoria.
He was admitted to the facility on 8 June due to a reoccurring lung infection.
The country and the global community continue to pray for the statesman.
At the same time,
Meanwhile, ANC Secretary General Gwede Mantashe says it is worrying that the Mandela family are fighting while Madiba is in hospital.
During a prayer service for the former president outside the in Johannesburg, Mantashe admitted he was concerned.
"The family must look at Mandela and see that Mandela was a unifier. They must reconcile. They must talk to each other and find a common goal."