Khoisan group say they won't budge
Despite two court evictions Khoisan activists are adamant won’t move from District Six.
CAPE TOWN - Some Khoisan activists who invaded a block of flats in District Six said on Saturday government must prepare itself for a game of cat and mouse.
A week ago the group took over the block of flats on the historical piece of land in Cape Town, claiming it belongs to them and their ancestors.
Despite two court evictions the activists are adamant they are not going anywhere.
Several Khoisan activists said government has 48 hours to prepare another plan of action as a court interdict will not keep them off their land.
It does however appear as if those who had been ordered by the court to leave are no longer occupying units in District Six.
But Khoisan activist Tania Kleinhans told Eyewitness News on Saturday the group is still in the area.
Kleinhans, who would not divulge the whereabouts of the group, insists the court ruling wasn't very specific meaning they are still allowed in the vicinity.
She added the group will not resort to violence, but said they are determined to stick by what they believe in.