Man killed in JHB shack fire
A man has died following a shack fire in Ivory Park on Saturday.
JOHANNESBURG - The Johannesburg Emergency Management Services said on Sunday its still not clear what caused a shack fire in Ivory Park, east of Johannesburg on Saturday, which resulted in the death of one man.
Officials said it seems as if a paraffin stove was left unattended overnight.
The Emergency Management Services' Robert Mulaudzi said the man's body was burnt beyond recognition.
"One male was burnt inside his shack when his shack caught fire. Unfortunately in the incident he lost his life and was confirmed dead on scene."