Suspected kidnaper granted bail

A 62-year-old man is out on bail despite being implicated in a girl’s disappearance.

A 62-year-old man is out on bail after being implicated in a girl’s disappearance.

CAPE TOWN - Police say a 62-year-old man, who has been arrested in connection with the disappearance of an 11-year-old girl, has been released on bail.

Officials say residents who were unhappy with the verdict, through sticks and stones at the suspect's house on Monday.

Last week, passers-by discovered a badly decomposed body of a child on Plantation Road in Ottery.

There are suspicions that the remains are that of Jennifer Williams, who went missing nearly two weeks ago.

The police's Andre Traut says, "He was granted bail and released by the court. Members of the community were not satisfied with this. They had a gathering but everything seems to be under control at this stage."

Meanwhile, Gauteng police are appealing to members of the Soshanguve community North of Pretoria to come forward with any information that will help them find a missing baby girl.

The five-month old girl is alleged to have been taken from someone close to the family at the weekend.

The police's Pinky Tsinyane says while they have identified a suspect, no arrests have been made as yet.

"A case of kidnapping was registered at Soshanguve Police Station. No one has been arrested. We urge community members to come forward with any information that can help with the case."