Bob Hewitt denies abusing Sheehan
Tennis legend Bob Hewitt says he wasn't in SA at the time Suellen Sheehan claims he abused her.
JOHANNESBURG - A Johannesburg woman who claims to have been sexually abused by tennis legend Bob Hewitt said on Thursday she would not back down after laying criminal charges against him.
Last month Hewitt hit out at Suellen Sheehan.
He said her claims of sexual abuse when she was 12-years-old were filled with holes.
It appears numerous women coached by Hewitt claimed he sexually abused them as children.
Sheehan said Hewitt's statement was a personal attack on her.
"They brought my son into this when this has nothing to do with him, in fact anything that I've done in my life doesn't change what he did to me an more than 24 girls."
In his statement Hewitt claimed he did not coach Sheehan, and he was not in the country at the time of the alleged abuse.
But Sheehan said Hewitt is using a date that was incorrectly published in the media and has proof he was in the country at the time of her abuse.
Hewitt has hired investigators to confirm the stories of the other victims and will be releasing statements when more information comes to light.
The investigation into the allegations are ongoing.