Mkhize to decide Dhlomo's fate
KZN premier Zweli Mkhize will decide on the Health MEC's future after improper use of a state helicopter.
KWAZULU NATAL - KwaZulu-Natal Premier Zweli Mkhize's office said on Monday he wa waiting for an official report before he decides on the future of the province's Health MEC Dr Sibongiseni Dhlomo.
The Sunday Tribune reported at the weekend that Dhlomo used the province's sole state-contracted medical rescue helicopter when it was needed for a critically injured accident victims.
The Premier's office also said they have noted calls from opposition parties for Dhlomo to be axed.
The Premier's office spokesperson Ndabe Sibiya said "The Premier is waiting for a formal report. Once he has received a formal report, he will make a pronouncement."
It's alleged 15-year-old Asheen Singh died as paramedics had to drive him to hospital because Dhlomo was using the helicopter at the time.
It emerged that the MEC used it to fly to a funeral.
The KZN Health Department head had earlier claimed he had flown to Hlabisa to quell community unrest.