Former Bara CEO: I wasn’t forced out
Former Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital CEO says the decision to resign was her own choice.
JOHANNESBURG - The Department of Health has broken its silence on the resignation of Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital CEO Johanna More.
While media reports emerged on Friday suggesting More had been asked to leave, the CEO confirmed to Eyewitness News on Tuesday that the decision was her own choice.
More has been blamed for numerous problems at the Soweto hospital since she began, including broken equipment in numerous wards, constant electricity cuts and poor security.
The department's spokesperson, Simon Zwane, said the hospital had been looking for a replacement CEO over the past few months.
"There is a process underway to appoint a CEO, not only for Bara, but for other hospitals too.
"Once that process has been concluded, we will announce More's successor."