O'Sullivan confident Moti will be prosecuted
Paul O’Sullivan believes Zunaid Moti will still face justice despite the state dropping all charges.
JOHANNESBURG - Private investigator Paul O'Sullivan on Thursday said controversial businessman Zunaid Moti's court victory is nothing more than a technical setback.
The Brits Regional Court threw out the case against Moti and around 18 of his co-accused because the state was not ready to proceed.
Moti said this shows the case against him was bogus and he was now considering suing O'Sullivan and the police.
O'Sullivan said this is not the end of the story.
"There is incontrovertible evidence in this matter and I have absolutely no doubt that the trial will proceed and justice will be done."
But Moti said the case cannot be simply placed back on the role thanks to O'Sullivan.
"As I term it, it's a Pauls-up once again."
Moti and others faced charges of attempted murder related to an attack on a Brits businessman last year.
The case revolved around the attack and murder of North West businessman Naeem Cassim which was allegedly planned by Moti.
Speaking exclusively to Eyewitness News , Moti said the state prosecutor was not ready to proceed with the case.
His defence team convinced the court that any further delays would prejudice him and his co-accused.
"Today, for the first time in a long time, I feel a little bit better because the magistrate has seen that this is a bogus prosecution."
Moti said the case took its toll on his family.
The controversial businessman said he did not believe the charges will ever be reinstated.