No decision yet on suspended councillor

The Western Cape government has not made a decision yet regarding a suspended ANC councillor.

The Western Cape government has not made a decision yet regarding a suspended ANC councillor.

CAPE TOWN - Local Government MEC Anton Bredell on Friday said no decision had been taken on the future of a controversial ANC councillor.

Earlier in October, Andile Lili was found guilty of misconduct by the council's multi-disciplinary committee.

He destroyed some homes and used derogatory names while referring to a community member.

But Lili, who led protests over the Makhaza open air toilet debacle, has vowed to fight the hearing's outcome.

Bredell said the councillor will be given time to respond.

"The team working on disciplinary hearings has received the documents from the City of Cape Town. They've worked through it so they will send it to Lili and his team next week. He will be given 21 days to respond."

Meanwhile, the ANC has made it clear that it will back Lili.