Rea Vaya strike ends
Services resumed after the Labour Court issued an interim order declaring the strike unprotected.
JOHANNESBURG - The Rea Vaya bus strike appears to be over after drivers returned to work on Thursday.
Tens of thousands of Gauteng commuters were left stranded when drivers took part in a strike on Monday.
The workers were demanding a wage increase of almost R3,000, better working hours and back payments on their provident funds.
City of Johannesburg spokesperson Lisa Seftel said Rea Vaya had little trouble restarting its operations.
This after the Labour Court declared the strike unprotected.
"The judge said the declaration was an interim order to declare the strike unprotected."
Earlier in the week, operator PioTrans said the drivers' demands were not feasible.