Madonsela confirms probe into Zuma's home
The Public Protector said her office is still looking for an investigator to devote to the case full-time.
JOHANNESBURG - The Public Protector confirmed on Sunday that an official investigation into the alleged public funded construction at President Jacob Zuma's private home in Nkandla.
Last week the Democratic Alliance and rights group AfriForum submitted applications for an investigation into the construction that is set to cost taxpayers more than R200 million.
The Public Protector Thuli Madonsela confirmed this weekend that the investigation is already ongoing.
Madonsela said her office is still looking for an investigator to devote to the case full-time.
"The investigation had already been mentioned; it was just a problem that we don't have an investigator free at the moment."