No info on Kabul blast victims' repatriation
The family members of the Kabul blast victims have not been given updates on the repatriation process.
CAPE TOWN - The wife of one of the men killed in a bomb blast in Afghanistan last month said on Wednesday their families have not been given an update on the repatriation process.
Johan Van Huysteen was a contract pilot for Aircraft Charter Solutions/Balmoral based in Kabul.
The 31-year-old was one of eight South Africans killed when a suicide bomber detonating an explosive near a garage in Kabul.
Johan's wife Sharon said they are relying on the International Relations Department for updates.
"At the moment there's no news, they're handling everything on our behalf. So, we're not being saddled with all the red tape and paperwork. We haven't heard anything yet."