Alleged paedophile's case postponed
Johannes Kleinhans' case has been postponed to next week where are expected to testify.
CAPE TOWN - The case against alleged paedophile Johannes Kleinhans has been postponed to 8 October.
His three alleged victims are expected to testify in-camera because they were all 13-years-old at the time of the alleged assaults.
Kleinhans who is 74-years-old, faces 95 charges of child pornography, sexual assault and sexual grooming.
On Tuesday, a police officer testified in the Parow Regional Court about the night Kleinhans was arrested.
Constable Elroe Luiters told the court he was instructed by the investigating officer to frisk Johannes Kleinhans at his house on 12 November 2010.
He said he felt something strange in Kleinhans's socks and discovered it was a memory card.
Luiters testified that Kleinhans said he had hidden it because it contained photos of young naked girls.
The courtroom was cleared so that the magistrate could view the images.
Kleinhans initially pleaded guilty to all 95 charges, but his testimony in mitigation of sentence earlier this year amounted to a denial of the charges.
The Parow Regional Court scrapped those proceedings and entered a plea of not guilty on his behalf.