Sandton restaurant fire

A section of Nelson Mandela Square was evacuated.

Fire engines on the scene of a restaurant fire in Nelson Mandela Square, Sandton. Picture: Wayne Gulan/iWitness

A small fire broke out at a restaurant in the Nelson Mandela Square in Sandton on 18 June 2012.

Several stores were forced to close their doors to customers as a section of the centre was evacuated.

It's believed a pizza oven chimney was to blame for the incident.

iWitness Wayne Gulan sent this photograph of the scene.

Submit your iWitness story, photo or video to iwn@ewn.co.za.