Acid fire at CT building

A fire at Ibuyambo Cultural Centre in Cape Town has been brought under control.

A Fireman at work. Picture: Stock.xchng

CAPE TOWN – A fire in a Cape Town building has been brought under control.

The Ibuyambo Cultural Centre on Bree Street burnt for several hours on Saturday afternoon.

The smell of acid, accompanied by a thick blanket of smoke, hung over the Cape Town City Bowl.

Dozens of people watched as rescue teams attempted to control the fire. 

It is not yet clear what caused the blaze.