The 220,000-strong union has accepted the latest wage offer by employers.
A tower collapse resulted in outages in Braamfischerville, Snake Park, Dobsonville Gardens & Protea Glen.
Patrick Sawyer was put in isolation at the First Consultants Hospital in Obalende.
The defender collapsed in the second half of the Soweto Derby following an elbow to the chest.
Marvel superheroes of all kinds took over the fan convention on Saturday.
The ruling party says it’s come up with an intensive five-year programme of action.
Rebecca Davis says funding transparency should be enforced.
EWN Sport and Jeremy Harris take you to the heart of the 2014 British Open Golf Tournament. Visit this portal for daily updates and news.
This after Numsa’s more than 200,000 striking members accepted a wage offer.
Sending failed. It's possible that the address you are trying to mail is unsubscribed from EWN mailers.
CAPE TOWN - It is believed that a fire that destroyed two houses in Matroosfontein over the weekend may have been started by a three-year-old boy playing with matches
Disaster Management's Wilfred Solomons Johannes said 17 people were left homeless, as a result.
The South African Police Service (SAPS) has opened an inquest to investigate the incident.
Solomons-Johannes said the City's disaster response teams assisted victims with food parcels, clothing and blankets.
“The city’s disaster management is appealing to parents to exercise caution and not to leave minors unattended. Children who play with matches can cause devastating fires like this which often result in death.”
Fires also resulted in other deaths over the weekend.
Samuel Petrus De Bruyn was sleeping in an undercover braai-area in Ravensmead when he died on Sunday morning after an electrical short circuit
Meanwhile, an unattended electrical stove caused a fire where two people died at the Overcome Heights Informal Settlement in Seawinds on Sunday as well.
Norman Veldtman (39) and four-year-old Fadio Hendricks died in the fire that destroyed four shacks. It is suspected that an electrical stove overheated.
Disaster Management's Wilfred Solomons-Johannes said electrical plugs should never be overloaded, as they may overheat and catch fire.
(Edited by Tamsin Wort)