Jeremy Piven axed from show following sex abuse claim
Jeremy Piven has been dropped as a guest from 'The Late Show'.
LOS ANGELES - Jeremy Piven's pre-recorded interview with Stephen Colbert won't be broadcast after he was accused of sexual misconduct.
Piven has been dropped as a guest from The Late Show.
The 52-year-old actor had pre-recorded an interview with Colbert to air on Friday, but network CBS has decided not to broadcast the chat after the former Entourage star was accused of groping actress Ariane Bellamar.
A network spokesperson told The Hollywood Reporter: "Jeremy Piven's interview for Friday's broadcast was pre-taped earlier this week on Monday, October 30.
"Since we were unable to address recent developments in that interview, we are replacing that segment with a new guest."
Playmate Bellamar had accused the Wisdom of the Crowd star of touching her inappropriately on two occasions earlier this week.
She tweeted: "Hey @Jeremy Piven! 'Member when you cornered me in your trailer on the Entourage set? 'Member grabbing my boobies on the [couch] without asking??
Member when I tried to leave; you grabbed me by the ass, looked at yourself in the mirror, & said what a 'beautiful couple' we made? #MeToo
"Jeremy Piven, on two occasions, cornered me & forcefully fondled my breasts & bum. Once at the mansion & once on set. (sic)"
In response, Piven insisted the alleged incidents "did not happen" and hoped Bellamar's claims "do not detract" from other women who have come forward with claims of sexual misconduct against them in the wake of the Harvey Weinstein scandal.
He said in a statement: "I unequivocally deny the appalling allegations being peddled about me. It did not happen.
"It takes a great deal of courage for victims to come forward with their histories, and my hope is that the allegations about me that didn't happen, do not detract from stories that should be heard."
HBO, who broadcasts Entourage, insisted they had no idea about the claims.