Email a Friend
13 treated for smoke inhalation at Steve Biko Hospital in PTA
The fire which broke out at the hospital was allegedly caused by a cigarette stump.
JOHANNESBURG – The Gauteng Health Department says 13 employees have been treated for smoke inhalation after a fire broke out at the Steve Biko Academic Hospital in Tshwane. (Edited by Refilwe Pitjeng)
It’s understood the fire may have been caused by a cigarette stump that was thrown out from the eighth or ninth floor of the hospital late last night.
The department says no patients were injured by the fire.
Spokesperson Steve Mabona said, “All patients were immediately evacuated and firefighters managed to extinguish the fire before any major damage.”
(Edited by Refilwe Pitjeng)
Makhura rubbishes claims govt protecting employee accused of corruption
Table Mountain Cableway staff, management continue negotiations
SAHRC accused of being lenient towards King Zwelithini
#RandReport: Rand lifted by bond issuance, stocks falter
YouTube blogger aims to distribute menstrual cups to girls in need
WC economy ‘remains constrained’ amid financial crisis