Hewitt victim 'moving on' with her life
Suellen Sheehan says it's time to move forward with her life & is satisfied Bob Hewitt has been convicted.
JOHANNESBURG - One of Bob Hewitt's victims says she is now moving forward with her life, and is satisfied that the former tennis champion has been convicted, although she cannot understand why he is still not behind bars.
He was found guilty on two counts of rape and one of sexual assault after three women testified about how he abused them while he was their tennis coach in the 1980s and 1990s.
On Friday the High Court in Pretoria dismissed Hewitt's application for leave to appeal his conviction but he's allowed to appeal his six year jail sentence.
His bail was also extended meaning he has been restricted to his home in Addo in the Eastern Cape while his lawyers continue with the appeal process.
Suellen Sheehan, who says the former tennis champion raped her as a young child while she was receiving tennis lessons from him, says it's time to move on.
"I am moving forward and have written an amazing book which will be out in November and it will be the hardcore details of my life."
VICTIMS ANGRY AFTER BOB HEWITT'S BAIL EXTENDED
Last month, Hewitt's victims said they're starting to lose faith in the justice system because the convicted rapist was allowed to go home until his appeal is heard.
Hewitt's victims said they were expecting him to be taken to prison straight after his sentencing.
One of the victims, known as Twiggy, said she's disappointed that his bail has been extended.
The convicted rapist will spend the next six years behind bars and has been ordered to pay R100,000 to the Justice Department to fund anti-abuse campaigns.