Questions raised around Flippie's case
Flippie Engelbreght's lawyer will not entertain questions around his assault in 2008.
CAPE TOWN - The legal advisor for a teenage farmworker, who was allegedly assaulted by his bosses, says she does not want to speculate on the merits of the case through the media.
Questions have been raised around Flippie Engelbreght's case relating to the sequence of events on the day in question.
Legal advisor Carina Papenfus says they expect many similar speculative reports, which they believe are an attempt to discredit the case.
"All the allegations, all the facts, everything must be put before a court of law and it must be tried and tested."
Court documents in the possession of the Cape Times newspaper detail how Engelbrecht was allegedly assaulted in January 2008.
He was taken to a hospital in Robertson and then to Tygerberg Hospital for emergency surgery that apparently left him blind.
More than a year later, the teen is said to have fallen into a fire which left him with severe burns resulting in the amputation of his hands, but this is where the matter apparently gets murky.
About a month before this incident, documents state he was taken to a doctor after he complained of swelling on the side of the face.
This was diagnosed as a possible brain abscess, which could have also led to his blindness.
Meanwhile, one of the two men accused of beating Engelbrecht allegedly committed suicide earlier this week.
The 62-year-old allegedly shot himself on his farm in Robertson early on Tuesday morning.