Police are investigating a case of armed robbery and murder.
EWN's Africa Correspondent Jean-Jacques Cornish reports on the day's top African news
David Beckham has been roped in to help boost Chinese football as an ambassador to try enticing young talent.
Stone Sizani will replace Mathole Motshekga in Parliament.
Stephen Grootes asks 'where to from here?' after Mangaung.
The UK spied on SA? Amateurs...
Cipla has promoted two of its staff executives to serve as joint acting CEOs pending hiring of a new CEO.
Sending failed. It's possible that the address you are trying to mail is unsubscribed from EWN mailers.
JOHANNESBURG - The ANC on Wednesday said it believes President Jacob Zuma's claim that he has a bond for his Nkandla residence, as there is no way he would lie about it.
At the same time, the Public Works Ministry is still refusing to speak about its investigations into exactly how much government money is being spent on the Nkandla upgrades.
The City Press newspaper reported last week that Zuma did not have a bond, after he claimed in Parliament he was paying for the upgrades through a loan.
The paper claims to have documents that confirm no bond has been registered against the property calling into question Zuma’s twice-made announcement that he is still paying-off the first phase of the construction to some sections of his homestead.
ANC spokesperson Keith Khoza on Thursday said the City Press got it wrong, by claiming Zuma did not have a bond.
"There is no indication how they came to the conclusion that there is no bond."
Earlier this year, the paper said more than R200 million had been spent on upgrades to Zuma’s KwaZulu-Natal home.
But there is still no answer to questions about how much government money is being spent on the project.
The Public Works Ministry said only its minister, Thulas Nxesi, can speak publicly on the subject, and that he is not available.
According to the City Press, some consultants and constructors have already been paid more than R200 million for the upgrades, which include underground living quarters, a health facility for the president and his family, a helicopter pad, as well as playgrounds and a centre for visitors.
It alleges taxpayers will foot the bill for 95 percent of all costs.