Kabul blast victims named
Dirco is working hard to ensure the repatriation of the remains of those killed in the Kabul blast.
JOHANNESBURG - The Department of International Relations (Dirco) on Wednesday said it was working hard to ensure the repatriation of the remains of those killed in Tuesday's bomb blast in Afghanistan.
Eight South Africans employed by private aviation company, ACS Balmoral, were killed in the Kabul attack.
It is believed a female suicide bomber detonated the explosives.
The company said it has identified all eight victims.
Dirco spokesperson Nelson Kgwete said it confirmed the remains of four of the eight South Africans.
"Our mission in Pakistan is working with the authorities in Afghanistan to ensure that the process of repatriation is speeded up."
Afghan militants claimed responsibility for the bombing which killed 12 people, saying it was retaliation for a film mocking Prophet Mohammed.
A short film made with private funds in the United States (US) and posted on the Internet has ignited days of demonstrations in the Arab world, Africa, Asia and in some Western countries.
In a torrent of violence blamed on the film last week, the US ambassador to Libya and three other Americans were killed in an attack in Benghazi.
US and other foreign embassies were stormed in cities in Asia, Africa and the Middle East by furious Muslims.
At least nine other people were killed.
SA BOMB VICTIMS:
Christian Johannes Justus PRETORIUS, aged 30, Pretoria, Gauteng
Fraser Angus CAREY, aged 31, Johannesburg, Gauteng
Brandon Quinn BOOTH, aged 47 , Balgowan, KwaZulu-Natal
Johan Abraham VAN HUYSSTEEN, aged 31, Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape
Johan Frederick BOUCHAUD, aged 30, Johannesburg, Gauteng
Johannes Judenis HUMPHRIES, aged 65, Centurion, Gauteng
Steven LEONG, aged 31, Johannesburg, Gauteng
Jenny Margaret AYRIS,aged 46, Scotland, United Kingdom