Email a Friend
WC proposes changes to Traffic Act
The Western Cape Transport Department has proposed 92 changes to the National Traffic Act.
CAPE TOWN - The Western Cape Transport Department on Wednesday said it had submitted 92 comments on proposed changes to the National Traffic Act.
The public participation process for proposed amendments closed last week.
Some of the suggested changes include a provisional license, as well as regular vehicle testing for cars older than 10 years.
The department's Hector Elliot said the national department needs to review the comments from the province.
“The national minister has to decide on the next step.”
Last week, the city implemented a new cellphone bylaw.
Motorists caught talking or texting on their phones while driving will have the devices confiscated for 24 hours and face a R500 fine.
At least 16 motorists had their phones seized on the first day of the clampdown.
(Edited by Lindiwe Mlandu)
Arthur Fraser commits to delivering on his mandate at State Security
'Uzalo' producers consider further legal action against 'Sunday Times'
UJ students to hold a night vigil
Wits worker dies after inhaling extinguisher fumes set off during protest
#RandReport: Rand firms, stocks slip in edgy global trade
ANC supports calls for SABC board to set Motsoeneng appointment aside