PRETORIA - Former National Police Commissioner Bheki Cele on Wednesday said he will not fight President Jacob Zuma's decision to fire him.
Cele however said he will be challenging the findings reported by the board of inquiry which established to probe allegations of misconduct and maladministration against him.
Cele is addressing the media at a National Press Club briefing in Pretoria, a day after the president announced his dismissal.
Public Protector Thuli Madonsela last year found that the procurement deals of two police buildings, which Cele signed off on, were unlawful.
Her office also questioned Cele’s conduct during the procurement process.
An inquiry was then set up to probe Madonsela’s allegations.
The board of inquiry found Cele guilty of maladministration and recommended that he be fired.
The former general said he would not be engaging in pointless back-chatter with Zuma, but will simply “shut up and go home”.
Cele said chairman of the board of inquiry, Jake Moloi, had been influenced to ensure he was fired.
The former commissioner said he would lodge a court application challenging the board’s findings this week.
He said he would also report Moloi to the Judicial Service Commission.
Cele further dismissed the Judge’s suggestion that he must be criminally charged adding that Moloi had abandoned his oath of office to pursue him.
The former top cop used the platform to hit out at the defamatory media, making particular mention of the Sunday Times newspaper.
(Edited by Thato Motaung)