PRETORIA - The matter against Chanelle Henning murder accused Preshan Singh was postponed to July as the state finalises his plea agreement.
Singh appeared briefly in the Pretoria Magistrate's Court on Tuesday morning.
The young mother was shot dead moments after dropping off her son at school in Faerie Glen, Pretoria in 2011.
State prosecutor Andrea Johnson told the court that plea negotiations had not been concluded because several Correctional Services reports were still outstanding.
Johnson said by the next court appearance the matter would be resolved.
Singh, who supplied the murder weapon, is expected to plead guilty to a firearm related charge and receive a suspended sentence with community service.
He confessed in his statement submitted during his bail application to supplying the revolver that Gerhardus du Plessis and Willem Pieterse used to murder Henning.
But the accused maintained he borrowed the firearm to du Plessis without knowing what his intentions were.
Du Plessis and Pieterse pleaded guilty to charges of murder, conspiracy to murder and the illegal possession of a firearm in December last year.
Singh’s co-accused Andre Gouws and former Nigerian Olympic athlete Ambrose Monye will go on trial in November.
Henning’s estranged husband Nico was also taken in for questioning, but later released.
The 26-year-old mother had mentioned before her death that she was being followed from time to time.
After she was murdered, her mother said a man on a black motorcycle had been following her daughter for some time.
(Edited by Lindiwe Mlandu)