PRETORIA – Chanelle Henning murder accused Ambrose Monye has been told to sort out his legal woes before going on trial in the North Gauteng High Court.
On Thursday, the state served him with his indictment when he appeared briefly in the Pretoria Magistrate’s Court.
Henning was gunned down just moments after dropping off her son at a Faerie Glen school in eastern Pretoria back in November 2011.
Monye and co-accused Andre Gouws will go on trial in November.
Magistrate Maryke de la Rey told Monye to make concrete arrangements to avoid being forced to represent himself.
The former Nigerian Olympic athlete's previous lawyer pulled out because he was not paid.
Monye asked the court for time to gather funds, but it appears he has been unable to do this.
He will return to court in June where he will apply for bail.
Earlier in May, the Hawks raided several properties belonging to Henning’s estranged husband.
Officials were looking for clues which could link him to the murder.
(Edited by Zethu Zulu)