JOHANNESBURG - The National Prosecuting Authority on Saturday said it would reinstate charges against a man implicated in the Soweto rape video case, once police have finalised their investigations.
Charges were provisionally withdrawn against the 37-year-old man on Friday, who was in the company of a 17-year-old teenager when she was found after a video of her apparent gang rape went viral.
They were dropped because the investigation was taking longer than anticipated.
Earlier this week, four minors who were also arrested in connection with the video were released on bail.
Three adult accused remain in custody.
The NPA’s Mthunzi Mhaga said these cases would not be impacted by the 37-year-old's charges being withdrawn.